Friday 6 February 2015

Coughs, snot, sore throats and croup!

Over the past week me and Freddie have had ear infections, sore throats, chest infections & a horrible episode of croup that rocked me to my core.

I had no idea it could take grip so fast, Freddie went down for his nap fine, woke  an hour later slightly wheezy, then about five mins later started with a rasp, Within ten minutes of this I was at my moms for her to try and give him some steam therapy to relieve some of the symptoms, where I said I needed to take him straight to the doctors as he sounded worse, so we did... He was constantly crouping on the way there to the point I thought it was an asthma attack as I could see the classic accessory muscles in his shoulders working overtime (this is where children become exhausted due to using these muscles for want of oxygen) he deteriorated very quickly 

I went into panic mode & as I got him out the car he was blue all around his lips and exhausted. 

He was seen and treated with steroids straight away, they kicked in whilst he was in the ambulance. Once at hospital he had another dose of steroids and he was 95% better, just shattered.

We were allowed home and it took me
A few days to sleep properly as we were warned he would be more susceptible to croup now he has had it. I was sure I would wake up in the night with another emergency situation.



However, he has only had one small episode since and is now fighting off his chest infection.

We both can't wait to get in the fresh air, fighting fit x




No comments:

Post a Comment